a57, a65 for $240 or a77Mk1 for $380? Which has best AF?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Anders_Nilsson Regular Member • Posts: 208
a57, a65 for $240 or a77Mk1 for $380? Which has best AF?

I have read all DPR reviews about the a57, a65 and a77Mk1. The a55 is also good but the a57 is better in everything so I don't consider it. GPS is nice but I have a separate logger.

What strikes me is that all cameras get a gold reward but the reviewers seem most happy with the a57. 16MP is fine for me, I have both a99 and NEX-6 and really the difference is not that great. But the a57 get top remarks for low noise and fast AF. Also operation seems more snappy and the buffer is L-A-R-G-E and clears quickly after a burst.

If I prioritize fast AF tracking and good picture quality (I do not equate good IQ with high resolution), is the a57 the best of the bunch or is the a77 worth 50% extra?

Is the a77 Mk1 AF the same 19 point system as in my a99?

Anders_Nilsson's gear list:Anders_Nilsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Casio Exilim EX-10 Casio Exilim EX-100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a99 +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha a99 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow