Need Help Buying Digital SLR Camera For Daughters Christmas

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlackBearBallistics New Member • Posts: 1
Need Help Buying Digital SLR Camera For Daughters Christmas

Hello everyone my name is Josh, thank you in advance for any help and advice you may have. I am totally inexperienced here in the camera world and I desperately need some direction of which way to go in getting my daughter a Christmas gift. She is 22 years old and graduating college next month and she wants a digital slr camera for Christmas and the amount of options is beyond staggering. Her mom and I found a Nikon "D5200" that was listed as new for $479 but upon further research  I found this model came out in 2012 and therefore I'm certain it is outdated. However if it is the best camera to go with that is fine I just want to be sure I am getting the best option for her and the extent of my knowledge ends with the higher the mp the better the photo. She takes a lot of nature/landscape shots but then she did a lot of formal prom type pictures and the like for her sister and brother and she shoots video to upload so I need an all around good option and she definitely wants a model that allows her to change lenses, etc (I know this because I bought her a Sony Cybershot years ago and it did not) Thank you again for your time and Happy Holidays to you and your families.

Best Regards,

Josh

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow