Pana 14-140mm Bad Unit need to return to Cameta Camera

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Angel C Forum Member • Posts: 68
Pana 14-140mm Bad Unit need to return to Cameta Camera

Pretty disappointed!

Just received the Panasonic 14-140mm lens from Cameta Camera today and was anxious to give it a test.  I got it out of the box, everything was wrapped and packaged perfectly and when I placed the lens on my GX85 and turned on the I.S. the lens began to make a humming noise.  You turn off the I.S and the noise stops, turn it back on and it starts to hum again.  The humming is loud enough to be picked up by the camera and recorded on video.

I called Cameta Camera and it was already past 5:00 p.m. eastern time so the customer service department was closed so I have to call back tomorrow.  I will be leaving on a cruise next Sunday after Thanksgiving and was hoping to have the lens as my walk around lens so I paid an extra $23 for expedited shipping, now I have to send it back at my expense.  Haven't decided yet if I want to exchange it or just get a refund.  If I exchange it I am thinking that I am going to have to pay for expedited shipping again which doesn't seem fair to me, I will be almost $70 into shipping expenses if I want an exchange.

Has anyone had this problem with this lens, had experience with Cameta Cameras and have any suggestions.

Greatly appreciated.

Angel C's gear list:Angel C's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic FZ1000 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow