Why a G9 but no TZ200?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
saudidave Senior Member • Posts: 1,677
Why a G9 but no TZ200?

I find it a little odd that Panasonic has effectively updated the G80/85 with a G9 after a year or so. The G80/85 is arguably the best of a long line of DSLR style M4/3 cameras released by Panasonic and where they finally (eventually) got it right. I’ve had most of the genre and the G80/85 is almost perfect for me. I certainly won’t be buying a G9 as it won’t improve my photography in any way at all and I need none of it’s additional features. The images from my G3 were more than adequate, it’s the ergonomics that have driven my update frequency

The ZS/TZ100 concept is however where ultimately where my photographic future lies. A sensor sufficiently large enough to produce acceptable images, with a 10x physical zoom, in a pocketable format. It’s the Holy Grail for me, yet almost two years down the line from the ZS100 release there is still no sign of an upgrade with a grip and a decent evf.

Analysis of my images confirms to me that 90% of them are in the are in the 24-100 range and if Panasonic don’t address this soon the Canon G5 X is starting to look attractive, but the extra versatility of the TZ keeps me hanging on for it’s successor

Dave

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic G85
Canon PowerShot G5 X Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic ZS100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow