Another thing to like about the D850, the Rangefinder advantage..

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wahrsager
Wahrsager Contributing Member • Posts: 778
Another thing to like about the D850, the Rangefinder advantage..

No, this isn't meant to be clickbait or to scam people into a this versus that debate. (Note I'm not a new member with precious few previous posts). I wanted to point out that there's a distinct advantage the traditional Rangefinder has for "decisive moment/ anticipatory" photography. I'm sure most here know this but for those that don't...

It's the fact that the viewfinder viewing area is larger than the captured area. In the case of the D850- put it in DX crop mode and you have a ~20MP image with Af over the entire area along with the ability to see the unfolding moment outside of the border. How versatile!

You have to manually copy/ past the link or fast-forward yourself to the time stamp in the link as this site apparently doesn't support the time stamp!

https://youtu.be/A_OMIRHXynQ?t=11m35s

Wahrsager's gear list:Wahrsager's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +19 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow