Fuji's colors vs. other maunfacturer's cameras

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Fuji's colors vs. other maunfacturer's cameras

I sometimes hear people talking about Fuji, saying they don't like the Fuji colors, and prefer to go with X camera (Sony, Panasonic, etc).

This may seem a bit obvious to some,but I just want some clarification here... if you're shooting RAW, isn't this not as much of an issue, since in your photo editors, you can adjust color. As I understand it, a RAW file records color information, but that information can be modified in post processing to adjust for luminance, saturation, hue, etc (ie. HSL)...?

Are people who make this argument about not liking Fuji due to colors mainly referring to out-of-camera JPEGs? Some of the arguments I've heard include comments regarding skin colors not appearing correctly, and perhaps having a certain slight color cast to them (ie. making them not look natural).

(I guess I never really asked anyone to clarify.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow