9 days in Istanbul - Any tips?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DrWu
DrWu Regular Member • Posts: 407
9 days in Istanbul - Any tips?

I must go tomorrow  to Istanbul for a full 9 days and luckily my program seems so relaxed that I´ll have a plenty of free time to spend with my camera. When travelling I take my best lenses with me and I have noticed that Pen-F with mid-sized and mid-weight Zuiko 12-40 f2.8, Lumix 35-100 f2.8, Voigtländer 25mm f0.95 and Zuiko 75mm f1.8 make a versatile and easily portable combination that fits nicely in Tenba DNA13 Urban Messenger bag. I don´t necessarily carry all 4 lenses all the time with me but leave 1-2 at hotel depending on the destination, mission and time of day.

I´ve never been in Istanbul but have always dreamed of visiting it some day. I plan to photograph a lot if the light is good. I enjoy travelling more when I am photographying and seem to observe more things when I reach a sort of heightened state of awareness through photographying.

It´s fantastic to travel alone and I´d be grateful to hear some tips from those you that have been in Istanbul - or more generally - in Turkey before. I haven´t earlier been in Islamic countries except Azarbaijan, Albania and Uzbekistan, but those are all quite secular due to communist past.

Best regards, Pekka.

DrWu's gear list:DrWu's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus PEN-F Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow