Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

Started Nov 14, 2017 | Discussions thread
Jim in Hudson Senior Member • Posts: 2,244
Re: Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

awaldram wrote:

Jim in Hudson wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

Skill negates the need for certain modern improvements, however for many skill is an outdated and obsolete concept. Those with skill can use "crippled" Pentax cameras effectively, those who can't be bothered developing skill require a camera that does all the work for them. If you're willing to do the work and put the effort in you'll truly be rewarding yourself, if you don't you'll be rewarding other camera brands that cater to the lazy. Despite all that we all want improvements, for some its want, for others its desperate need because they lack the skill to effectively use what already exists.

To me, it's not a question of skill but taking advantage of improved technology to enhance speed, accuracy, convenience, etc. How many cars are driven by people who want automatic transmissions? Surely they all don't know how to properly drive a car. Auto-focus on a camera?

Yet in 90% of the world (outside USA) consumers prefer Manual Gears for its better performance, better fuel economy and Control.

So very much like Mike says people who have the Skill often prefer the greater control that skill gives them, Whether these traits have any impact on DSLR selection I'm not convinced.

Cameras with advanced functions can generally be used without them, so if price is equal why wouldn't you go for the more advanced body ? .

And I think that what people do. If they want SR on primes, best selection of APS-C glass ,inbuilt GPS etc they go Pentax, If they want best in class AF/Flash they go Nikon and if they want to be in with the in crowed they go Canon/Sony depending how old they are

Though manual transmission automobiles are still the strong majority in Europe (it's not close to 90%, BTW), the percentage of those gearboxes is dropping.  Why?

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow