A couple of questions regarding the A9 and A7Riii?

Started Nov 15, 2017 | Discussions thread
NumberOne Veteran Member • Posts: 4,049
Re: A couple of questions regarding the A9 and A7Riii?

BBQue wrote:

WGPhotography wrote:

BBQue wrote:

Two suggestions:

1.) Try Capture One instead of LR. Very pleasant look by default, in my opinion.

2.) Study photos on Flickr, etc - do they all have bad skin tones? If so, then maybe Canon or Nikon is better for you. Skin tones is such a subjective thing... and if you find another camera gives you more pleasant results, then go for that other camera. For A9, plenty of image samples are out by now, A7riii may have to wait a few weeks.

Thanks, yes I suppose they're very subjective so good advice.

Any answers to effects of dropping the megapixels?

- No effect on dynamic range

- image quality (sharpness) actually improves, cause downsampling also reduces noise. Your high ISO photos will look as clean as A7s if you downsample to 12MP for example.

Having said that, once you have seen 42MP images, you don't want to go back 24MP, even if right now you don't think you need it. If you convert your images in Capture One (which I really recommend) you can set the default export to jpg to any size you want, so keep your original raw (on external hard drive for example) and with a push of a button get all your small size JPGs exported. C1 also is much faster than LR, you will be pleasantly surprised.

...And the «LR Computer/Standalone» version will be discontinued soon, according to Adobe!

All the best,
Pedro

NumberOne's gear list:NumberOne's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow