Hoping to buy a 70-200 2.8 vrii... imported or used?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JulieA
JulieA Regular Member • Posts: 131
Hoping to buy a 70-200 2.8 vrii... imported or used?

I've been searching for a 70-200 2.8 vrii since I don't think I need the new version, I'd like to save the $$ and be able to buy a kit lens with whichever camera body I find.  Looks like B&H has the vrii Imported, or they have a 9+ used.  What is the deal with buying imported?  Do you not get the 5 year Nikon warranty?  If not, wouldn't it be better just to buy a 9+ used and save even more money?

I could swing purchasing the new version but just feel I dont need it.  I'm borrowing a vrii and will confirm that hopefully next week.  So how do I go about finding a new vrii or a used one I can depend on?  Plus the new version isn't compatible with my old D80 which I don't plan on getting rid of.  I'd rather have glass that works on all my cameras.

Thx.

Julie

JulieA's gear list:JulieA's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G Canon PowerShot G16 Nikon D80 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +1 more
Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow