Size: 23 f2 vs 27 2.8

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CameraQ177 Junior Member • Posts: 31
Size: 23 f2 vs 27 2.8

Hey folks,

I've been going back and forth on a lens for my X-T2. Right now I just have an 18-55 and 56 1.2. I've been thinking about adding a smaller lens that I would pair with the 56 1.2 as a 2-lens combo (so I'd take either the 18-55 or the combo of 56 & 27/23).

How large is the 23 f2 in comparison to the 27? Would I be able to take the 23 off the camera and carry the lens in my pocket comfortably? Or could I conceivably fit the X-
T2 with 23 attached in a coat pocket? I know I can with the 27 to both of those.

I don't see a reason to get both and am definitely leaning toward the 23 (preferred length, aperture, and WR). However, my main draw for the 27 is its sheer size, which would let me slip it into my jacket pocket. Just curious if I'd notice a massive difference in the two and could conceivably think of the 23 as a "take anywhere" lens.

Super interested to hear your thoughts on the size comparison, specifically on that of the 23 f2.

Thanks!

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow