RAW editing in DPP4 and LR Classic

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken 2005 New Member • Posts: 23
RAW editing in DPP4 and LR Classic

I mainly take landscape travel photos and I like to use the Landscape picture style on my 5DIII and 6D cameras. I've been taking both RAW and JPEG but editing the JPEG images since I couldn't get the colour in the RAW files looking as good as the JPEG files in LR. I recently tried using DPP and discovered that setting Landscape as the Picture Style on RAW files in DPP4 makes the RAW photos look similar to the JPEG images.

In Lightroom under Camera Calibration I can select the Camera Landscape profile but the images look very over- saturated when using it, whereas the Landscape profile in DPP4 looks good. Is there any way to reduce the saturation in the LR Camera Landscape profile and have that saved to use the new setting permanently? I was using LR5, then CC and now Classic but the Camera Landscape profile hasn't improved with the new LR Classic.

I'd like to switch to editing in RAW but am trying to work out the best combination of programs to do this and retain the Canon Landscape picture style as the starting point for most of my photos.  One option I can see would be to save files to TIF in DPP4 and then import to LR.  Has anyone used a workflow that works doing it this way?

I would appreciate any suggestions that may assist me as I learn more about editing RAW files.

Ken 2005's gear list:Ken 2005's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow