Bonsai portraiture equipment

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
klondiker
klondiker Junior Member • Posts: 37
Bonsai portraiture equipment

I'm fresh to photography with Sony A6000 and a few lenses. My plan is to shoot bonsai portraits for our local bonsai club. It will be an outdoor work with mostly grey or black backgrounds.

After spending some time on internet, I created a plan to purchase from B&H:

- Controler Godox X1T-S

- Flash Godox TT350-S

- Flash Godox TT685-S

- Grey and black background screens with a stand (what size?)

- Modifiers and stands (what type?)

- Perhaps umbrella (s)

Of course, I may be wrong with the selection of equipment, as my experience in this type of photography is great O! So, please provide me with some guidance in this field. I feel that the flashlights and transmitter should be ok. I know nothing though about stands and modifiers. The bonsai size is at the most 24" x 24". I'd prefer to purchase as small modifiers as possible, due mostly to intimidation factor as well as wind effecting them. Would let say 12" x 12" soft boxes be ok? Also, the background screen size will depend on the lens and back distance from the object. The lens I'm planning to use is 50mm f1.8 (75mm equivalent), but also I have Sony 18 - 105 mm f 4.0.

Would B&H be a good place to do the shopping? Cost, as usual, is a consideration as it will be a voluntary work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Here is an example of what I'm planning to do, with hopefully more professional end results though.

-- hide signature --

gregn

klondiker's gear list:klondiker's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +1 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow