An interesting video tracking/ TimeLapse gizmo

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
3dwag
3dwag Veteran Member • Posts: 3,383
An interesting video tracking/ TimeLapse gizmo

Being the consummate photo/ video tinkerer that I am, I’ve been looking at various slides, tracks, and motorized gizmos for some time now to add some dimension to my videos, but anything decent has seemed relatively expensive, sometimes cumbersome, and with limited travel distance. I’ve even thought about getting a drone, but then again a decent one is also expensive, needs time to build up skills, and you can’t use one just anywhere.

I found this Kickstarter project called “Wiral”, it’s a variable speed cable/ trolley system and appears to work for timelapse as well, so I decided to back it, and thought it may be of interest to some of you in this forum, here is a link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1332617026/wiral-lite-the-easy-cable-cam-for-impossible-film

It comes with a 50 meter-long cable; you can also purchase a 150m version, or I imagine just “roll your own”.

-- hide signature --
 3dwag's gear list:3dwag's gear list
Apple iPhone 6s Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II +23 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow