A couple of questions regarding the A9 and A7Riii?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WGPhotography Regular Member • Posts: 169
A couple of questions regarding the A9 and A7Riii?

As a previous owner of an A7Rii, I sold it in the end as I wasn't happy with the skin tones at all out of camera. I shoot RAW and I could get the tones to suit, but after a LOT of work on each file in Lightroom. I'm now back with a Canon DSLR and love the tones, but the new features such as Eye-AF have started me thinking about the A9 or A7Riii.

I wondered if any A9 owners have noticed a difference between the colours of this model vs. older Sony models they may have used?

Also, if the answer to the above is yes, it makes me think that the A7Riii might be an option as hopefully the colours will be like the A9. The A7Riii will be cheaper than the A9, but also more suitable for me as I don't shoot burst a lot at all, however I do shoot a mix of landscapes, events and portraits.

The thing I wonder about the A7Riii though is, if I shoot an event, I won't want/need 43MP, so I'd like to drop this to say 20MP or so so files sizes are easier to handle. What negative effects will this have? Will the dynamic range drop? Image quality suffer?

Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow