Considering selling 24-70 gm for 24-105 g

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wordsmith9091 Regular Member • Posts: 471
Considering selling 24-70 gm for 24-105 g

I'm strongly considering selling my 24-70gm and buying a 24-105 g once it's available.

I do virtually no photography in the short/medium range where I'd prefer to use a zoom over a prime — and I've got Rokinon primes (and a techart adapter — I usually bought my primes in A mount so I could move between systems when I had both) that see me through most of this range.

But I use my 24-70 heavily for video — usually with it on an a7rii while the 18-105 aps-c lens is on an a6500 B-cam.  I love that while it's not advertised as parfocal, it's awfully close. It's silent. Tracking with it for faces with either of those cameras works well, but if it loses one, it doesn't throb as obviously as the 35 f/2.8 I used to often use for the same.

So the 24-105 would become my new video lens and maybe an occasional outdoor walkaround (it's not how I use the GM now, but the GM a bit of a bear).

Anyone see any obvious reason I shouldn't do this and get about $700-800 back into my pocket?

Sony a6500 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow