Ergonomics of the X-Pro 2 vs. Usability of the X-T2? What to do?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jaeger0088 Junior Member • Posts: 29
Ergonomics of the X-Pro 2 vs. Usability of the X-T2? What to do?

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to get a bit of advice if I can? After a bit of a hiatus, I'm coming back into the photography world once more. Based upon my previous experiences, I'd like to once again choose Fujifilm as my camera brand of choice. However, what I cannot decide on is whether I should get the X-Pro 2 or the X-T2?

My first instinct is to go straight for the Graphite X-Pro-2 with the 23mm F2 Lens. I REALLY like the handling of the X-Pro 2. I'm a right-eye shooter so the Rangefinder style works excellent for me and being right-handed as well means that all of the controls on the right-hand side works perfectly for me as well. The camera is a little bit on the big side but not cumbersome at all. My ONLY complaint about the X-Pro 2 is the fact that I wear glasses and it's sometimes difficult to see all of the information in the viewfinder. The OVF/EVF is my main tool for judging exposure, composition, etc. and so it sometimes bothers me that I cannot see everything. And my second minor point would be that it's not as easy to change ISO on the X-Pro 2 vs. X-T2. I can still change it just fine, no major complaint, it's just not AS easy. That's all. Other than that though, I think the X-Pro 2 is one of the best looking cameras out right now and it's extremely fun to shoot with.

Now we get to the X-T2 though. If my main issue with the X-Pro 2 is the viewfinder and a minor issue is the ISO dial, why not take a look at the X-T2 which fixes those? Well, trying out the EVF on the X-T2 has ruined all other viewfinders for me now. It's huge, you can see everything clearly (even with my glasses), and it makes the photographing experience more engaging. And the ISO dial on the top is extremely easy to use. But, It's not a rangefinder style and I do miss having the EVF on the left side of the camera. I dislike the fact that the "Play" and "Delete" buttons are in the top left, but a quick solution is to just dedicate a button to the playback and then go from there. And overall, I just don't like the looks of it over the X-T2. this may not be big to a lot of people, but it's something that's important to me.

So this is pretty much where I'm at right now. Do I go with the X-Pro 2 because it feels better to use in my hand and I like the styling of it? Or do I go with the X-T2 because of the fact that its functionally better to use due to the big EVF and quick change iso dial?

Ultimately, I realize it comes down to what's more important to me, but at this point I'd just like to gather some opinions from others who choose one over the other and why they did so? perhaps, It'll help me lean one way or another, who knows. But any helpful advice is appreciated.

Thank You!

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow