Travel Backpack and Other Suggested Gear

Started Nov 14, 2017 | Discussions thread
lewiedude2
OP lewiedude2 Contributing Member • Posts: 582
Re: Travel Backpack and Other Suggested Gear

It is more for toting stuff from place to place and getting all of it through airport security without any damage. I will utilize the backpack while on the plane.

I will be using my Manfrotto smallish SLR shoulder bag that only fits the camera+lens with the battery grip detached and underneath. I suppose I can carry my 18-55 lens (for video only) in a pouch and place both bags (Manfrotto and lens pouch) in a Timbuk2 messenger bag that has a great strap I added - I used this bag last year, alas without any camera gear as I had yet to purchase my XT-2 and lenses.

The more I look at it, the more I realize that I am going to go with a comfortable laptop backpack that allows for my equipment to be placed inside it whilst in separate "pouches" and the above mentioned smallish shoulder bag. I need to put two portable hard drives and all of the cabling and battery charging stuff in something like a Think Tank storage kit and then into the backpack.

All of the suggestions have been extremely helpful and have aided in narrowing how/what I will need to satisfy my commentary above. I suppose I just need to order a bunch of laptop backpacks and see which one fist my stuff best.

lewiedude2's gear list:lewiedude2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow