Travel Backpack and Other Suggested Gear

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JDC1958 Contributing Member • Posts: 867
Re: Check this out....

Greg7579 wrote:

17 inch laptop! Man that is big. I don't know what you are doing with it but the emerging generation of three-pound 13-inch tablet/laptops that are called hybrids, 2-in-1s or convertibles are incredibly powerful because right now there is a huge generational leap going on in this realm.

The key is to get the brand-new i7 8550U -- the new 8th generation Intel, a U-series 15W low power chip for low power laptops. It is a four core, eight thread processors with Kaby Lake Refresh. The doubling of cores and threads is a major generational leap that is increasing performance by almost 50% over the 7th generation chip. It is remarkable really.

Look at the new HP Spectre x360, which has it now. They will all have it soon.

This gives incredible editing capability at 4K on the road in a very small thin package at under 3 pounds!

-- hide signature --

Funny, I am 59 years old and have been staring at computer screens since the nineties. I have not failed a eye exam yet but it gets closer to me needing glasses for driving every year. I also have a Dell Inspiron 11" laptop.

In a nutshell, my 17" ASUS ROG takes care of any piece of software and raw processing I can throw at it; while allowing me to see what I am doing almost as well as most desktops.

JDC1958's gear list:JDC1958's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Sigma 28mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow