Great camera

Started Nov 15, 2017 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dutch John III
Dutch John III New Member • Posts: 6
Great camera

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 has one real dislike: its name is too long and complicated.

It's actually a great allround camera. Out of the camera jpegs are fantastic! With the 14-42 EZ kit lens the camera is so small it fits in every jacket; with the 9 mm lens hood lens the camera is like a real compact. I also own a Canon 5DSR but because of the size I very often take the Olympus with me.

Considering the size sensor and considering a modest 16 MP resolution it is incredible to see how good images look, even with the 9 mm Olympus lens hood fish eye lens results are remarkable. If you are used to a DSLR but you don't want these big cameras around your neck or breast, this is a real alternative, without losing too much quality.

The down side: noise becomes a problem in the higher ISO-ranges. The menu is somewhat complicated, it's a pity that the screen isn't fully movable. The electronic viewfinder is OK, but can and should be better and faster.

Dutch John III's gear list:Dutch John III's gear list
FinePix S8600 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus TG-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EOS 5DS R +8 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
16 megapixels • 3 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: Jan 29, 2014
Dutch John III's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
acceptable
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
mediocre
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Canon EOS 5DS R Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow