Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 9,262
Re: Let's stop here, guys

Zenten4 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Mark Ransom wrote:

Greyser wrote:

I had no intention of hurting anyone feelings. I still love my Pentax gear outside of wildlife shooting. However, the chasm between top of the line AF performers and Pentax AF is so deep and wide that I snapped, I guess, remembering all my missed shooting opportunities.

Good luck and happy shooting

Have you really never noticed how hard it is to push the internet genie back into the bottle?

I'm sure the chasm you speak of is real, however the fact that other manufacturers have solved these problems means it's not impossible for Pentax to solve them too. Here's hoping that they're working on it right now.

You'll never observe any progress if you're stuck thinking of the last decade's ancient screw drivelenses, and ignore the recent ones

Alex

But I have also been using nothing but screw-driven AFD lenses on my Nikon, with great AF/C results.....Why can't my Pentax DSLR do the same? IMO, it's not just the lenses that make the difference, the body has a big part as well.

And I've seen people using screw-driven lenses on Pentax, with great results.

I've also seen screw drive lenses which couldn't lock at very specific distances because of the inherent slack in their AF gear. I've also seen screw drive lenses hunting around the focus instead of simply locking in. This is a limitation. A limitation of the past, yet people are using such lenses to evaluate the future.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow