Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

Started Nov 14, 2017 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 9,402
Re: Let's stop here, guys

Greyser wrote:

Mark Ransom wrote:

Have you really never noticed how hard it is to push the internet genie back into the bottle?

I'm sure the chasm you speak of is real, however the fact that other manufacturers have solved these problems means it's not impossible for Pentax to solve them too. Here's hoping that they're working on it right now.

Ok. Do you really believe that Pentax AF as a system can be cured in near future?

Define "cured" and "near"; I might disagree with your definitions though.

If they invest substantial efforts and money, it may take 3-5 years at least to bring it on par with D500 and 7DII as of now. It includes bodies, reliable ring motors, new lenses, new algorithms, etc. And because of complexity and long neglected issues, I believe, they do not do it to the extent of best AF performers. They simply will feed Pentax users with small incremental tweaks here and there. That's a truth I believe in.

My truth is that we've seen progress; my truth is that I own a D FA 150-450mm - which is not an ancient screw drive lens. My truth is that the PLM is up with the fastest lens motors. My truth is that Pentax just pre-announced a lens equipped with ring-type SDM.

My truth is that I want further progress.

And knowing Pentax past,

Maybe that's the issue, thinking about Pentax' past but not present and future.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow