Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Greyser Veteran Member • Posts: 5,606
Re: Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

MightyMike wrote:

Skill negates the need for certain modern improvements,

Sure. You are one of the most skilled fast target shooters here. There is no doubts. And I really respect you for that.

However, following this logic we shall drive stick shifts, use typewriters instead of computers, and pigeons for mail; all with a joy of perfecting our skills and taking over self-inflicted challenges. We cannot deny progress and latest technology benefits.

however for many skill is an outdated and obsolete concept. Those with skill can use "crippled" Pentax cameras effectively, those who can't be bothered developing skill require a camera that does all the work for them.

Why one should handicap him/her self? Why should I use a dull knife, if I can have a sharp one?

If you're willing to do the work and put the effort in you'll truly be rewarding yourself, if you don't you'll be rewarding other camera brands that cater to the lazy.

I shoot wildlife to find and freeze an interesting, unique moment of Nature. If my camera/lens combo simply fails to lock AF on coming from nowhere fast flying nearby Kingfisher 8-9 times out of 10, and my peer with another branded rig does it successfully over and over again, what should I do? Perfect my skills until I can shoot in handicapped conditions? Having some knowledge and skills already, tweak the camera perfectly for the moment? Setup focus trap and wait patiently if my target shows up again, etc., etc.? But the Kingfisher is gone, and gone forever... Would I enjoy that I finally have achieved my perfect by the book settings when the bird is already  one mile away?

Despite all that we all want improvements, for some its want, for others its desperate need because they lack the skill to effectively use what already exists.

Please see all above

With all my respect,

SG

Greyser's gear list:Greyser's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Nikon D500 Pentax K-1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow