Would this be against the rules?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Marti58
MOD Marti58 Forum Pro • Posts: 23,645
Re: Would this be against the rules?

LSI_CameraGuy wrote:

I like the idea and add one more. What about renting/borrowing. I'm sure many of us would like to use a specific lens for just a few days either for a singular event or maybe to test before buying. I have used BorrowLens and they charge quite a bit and shipping alone is another $35

Nice idea but thats I kind of service which is more complicated then you think.

How do you get an item from a to b what will insurance/ transportation cost to do that, how save will it be to deal with individuals instead of known companies ?

Not sure how others would feel about lending out lenses and I say this w/o having much to lend. Maybe folks don't want to deal with damaged/nicked items. I guess I'm just trying to find a less expensive way to rent lenses.

Anyhow all forums have an intended usage which you can find on the forum headers.

Suggestions/ ideas best could be send to the DPR staff by using the feedback options, moderators cannot make other forums or changes in policies.

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2* or Photo Mate r3
***Only a fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart***
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Marti58's gear list:Marti58's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon Coolpix P500 +37 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow