5d mk iii thinks flash is ON when actually off

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Deltorom
Deltorom Forum Member • Posts: 52
5d mk iii thinks flash is ON when actually off

So I've bought a yonguo yn600ex-rt II, that came with a YN-E3-RT, to use with my mk iii.

I do real-estate photos, and i've been borrowing my boss's 580ex II, but bought a yonguo so i could have my own ettl flash. I have custom settings set up for my real estate jobs that includes 3 image bracketing. When I'm on C1 with my new yonguo mounted on the camera's hotshoe, the camera thinks its turned on when its not. And when the camera thinks the flash is turned on, it automatically turns off bracketing to take a shot with the flash, which is usually how i operate; start with flash off to take 3 ambient brackets, turn flash on and take a single shot exposed for outdoors through the windows.

With the camera thinking the flash is turned on the whole time, i have to unclip the flash and take it off the camera to do bracketing. Very annoying, and detrimental to my photos since I need the camera to stay completely still for post-processing. I didn't have this problem with the 580ex. I can't figure it out.

My alternative is using the e3-rt and just holding the flash up to the roof, kind of like carrying an N flash around, which is ok, can get more even flash exposures. But I'd really like to solve this problem.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Deltorom's gear list:Deltorom's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow