Someone please run a test with D5500 to prove it's not faulty

Started 2 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
studio5photo Contributing Member • Posts: 770
Someone please run a test with D5500 to prove it's not faulty

OK, I know I sound like a troll, and today I am.

I purchased a D5500 from Nikon and I thought it worked great.  Much better than my D7000.  But then I bought a new flash and tried doing exposure bracketing with it +0/-2/+2  .  All three pictures looked for the most part identical.  I put them into photoshop and they indicated basically the same value.  I tried the same experiment with my D7000 and it worked as expected with the flash.  So, I went to the store and tried a new D5600, same result.  The photo store couldn't answer why but agreed I was doing nothing wrong and it should have bracketed.  The exif shows it in the data.  So can someone try doing an exposure bracketing +/- 2 with any flash, even the pop-up, with the D5500 or D5600 and tell me if if looks like distinctly different exposures ( as +/-2 should)?  I want to be wrong, because i want to keep the camera, and I am really miffed that nikon would produce a line of cameras that actually doesn't do something that they say it does.  If it does look different can you tell me how you set it?  I am not going to say how i did it so i don't mislead you.  Thanks!

-- hide signature --

studio5photo

Nikon D5500 Nikon D5600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow