Someone please run a test with D5500 to prove it's not faulty

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
studio5photo Contributing Member • Posts: 770
Someone please run a test with D5500 to prove it's not faulty

OK, I know I sound like a troll, and today I am.

I purchased a D5500 from Nikon and I thought it worked great.  Much better than my D7000.  But then I bought a new flash and tried doing exposure bracketing with it +0/-2/+2  .  All three pictures looked for the most part identical.  I put them into photoshop and they indicated basically the same value.  I tried the same experiment with my D7000 and it worked as expected with the flash.  So, I went to the store and tried a new D5600, same result.  The photo store couldn't answer why but agreed I was doing nothing wrong and it should have bracketed.  The exif shows it in the data.  So can someone try doing an exposure bracketing +/- 2 with any flash, even the pop-up, with the D5500 or D5600 and tell me if if looks like distinctly different exposures ( as +/-2 should)?  I want to be wrong, because i want to keep the camera, and I am really miffed that nikon would produce a line of cameras that actually doesn't do something that they say it does.  If it does look different can you tell me how you set it?  I am not going to say how i did it so i don't mislead you.  Thanks!

-- hide signature --

studio5photo

Nikon D5500 Nikon D5600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
NCB
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow