Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

Started Nov 14, 2017 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 9,401
Re: Why do we need another troll?

Greyser wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Mark Ransom wrote:

OK that's a little harsh, but that's what this feels like. You're making a lot of assumptions about a camera that doesn't exist yet!

I really appreciated Greyser's contribution to this forum, but this... changes everything, unfortunately.

People, if you had to go Nikon to get a certain level of performance, that doesn't mean Pentax should cease to exist.

Alex

Hi Alex,

As I noticed long time ago you've been always straightforward in your assumptions.

Indeed I am.

What I’m trying to say that Pentax APS-C crisis is much deeper. Chris Mak put it nicely somewhere here. There is no way technically to solve AF issues which are related not only to the camera, but lenses too for the next APS-C flagship. It’s dead on arrival for wild life and fast action shooting even with brilliant skills.

The problem is that you're presenting their situation as utterly hopeless; you're basically saying they should give up.

And please note that I'm talking mostly not about AF-C tracking but simply inability to lock initial focus on fast moving subjects.

And? I know very well there are issues; I also know progress is being made, and I want that to continue.

BTW: I still own twice more Pentax cameras and much more lenses than you, I guess. And I use and enjoy some of them quite regularly.

What matters here is the claims that we're making, not our income, free time or photographic talent.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow