Macro lens with AF settings: feasible?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Laginaria New Member • Posts: 3
Macro lens with AF settings: feasible?

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, which I use strictly in the autofocus mode (because of my lack of technical skills). I'm very happy with the results overall, but I'm interested in getting more involved in macro photography, particularly of mushrooms, flowers, insects etc. I don't need extreme close-ups; I just want to be able to take reasonably clear shots of objects that are an inch or two in length.

I've been using a cheap macro filter, which at least allows me to take close-ups at all, but depending on the lighting conditions the distortion outside of the center of the image can get pretty unsightly. My question is whether it makes sense to invest in a moderately-priced macro lens, with the understanding that I would still want to use the AF settings. I realize that getting the best results would require better skills, but is it feasible at all to use a macro lens with this camera in AF mode?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow