Help Deciding To Add 35mm DX f/1.8 ?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chrisD46 Regular Member • Posts: 114
Help Deciding To Add 35mm DX f/1.8 ?

The above lens is currently on sale again , so wrestling with whether I should pick it up for street photography and the odd low light situaton ? Currently I use a 18-55mm DX VR II lens on a D3300 which I use in a diciplined fashion (i.e. having 5 lenses in 1 , moving with my feet instead of using the zoom to crop) . I usually use the 18-55mm at the 35mm and 50mm FF equivalent settings for street photography  and again move my feet for compositions of people , found things , store fronts and the like which you would typically find on the street  . I set up the D3300 using aperture priority @ f/8 , VR on , shutter speed set to stop movement (any where from 1/15th sec. to 1/320 sec) and lastly with auto ISO set up to 6400 . Again , I am a diciplined shooter and treat the 18-55mm zoom like 5 prime lenses at my disposal where by I don't have to worry with changing lenses and hauling gear - I travel light moving in an out of compositions fluidly and find if I do my part  - the 18-55mm DX VR II  in mid focal length ranges @ f/8 to be quite sharp !   ** Based on what I have shared above , please tell me why I need the 35mm f/1.8 DX len ? ... Did I miss anything where the 35mm DX f/1.8 lens would offer a superior experience , better image quality , etc. ? .. Thanks in advance for replies from users with experience of these lenses !

Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow