Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

Started Nov 14, 2017 | Discussions thread
The Squirrel Mafia
The Squirrel Mafia Regular Member • Posts: 380
Re: Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

The KP wasn't the camera that I was waiting for. It's basically a downgraded K-3II. It lacks 2 card slots, 1/8000 shutter speed, 200,000 shutter life, & some other features found on the K-3II. Yeah. The KP has some newer features, slightly better IQ, electronic shutter, & slightly better AF than the K-3II, but it still does nothing for me. They tried making it look like a DSLR/Mirrorless hybrid thing, that it limited to being a DLSR without much mirrorless "performance".

If no APS-C flagship appears by the end of 2018, I'll probably be joining the mirrorless camp around the holidays. At the way things are looking, more than likely I'll end up doing that. I only have 2 K-50 bodies & 5 semi-cheap lenses, so I'm not that heavily invested in Pentax yet. Sony, Olympus, & Panasonic are making major strides in AF & IBIS advancements. Heck! Even Fuji is starting to realize that IBIS is something very good to have in cameras. Panasonic is already taking AF performance very seriously with it's upcoming G9. Chances are that there will be more cameras to choose from around the end of 2018, so I'm really not in a rush. I'm gonna keep shooting my K-50 bodies & see what happens around then.

The Squirrel Mafia's gear list:The Squirrel Mafia's gear list
Pentax K-50 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow