Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Ransom
Mark Ransom Veteran Member • Posts: 4,431
Re: Why do you need another crippled Pentax APS-C flagship?

georgehakim wrote:

AlbertSiegel wrote:

I used to primarily shoot with Canon 1D series cameras plus fast L series lenses, and yes they were fantastic, but the size and weight were always uncomfortable for me. I looked into pretty much every option out there. I gave mirrorless a good try, but I just cannot use an EFV camera as they cause me great discomfort and eye strain. I decided that only an OFV camera can be an option, thus limiting my choices to Canon, Nikon and PENTAX.

I fully agree with you. I also used every brand for work over the past 30 years, and used Canon 5D until 6 years ago then the weight of the camera and lenses was too much for me. Also tried mirrorless cameras but didn't like their performance in few situations. Then came across Pentax and it worked perfectly for me. I don't shoot fast action sport, but I shoot a lot of bird and BIF and have no problem using Pentax. I am mainly travel and street photographer (and some nature photography) and Pentax camera and lens size and weight are perfect for that. Not to mention the build quality and weather seal, which are needed for this type of photography.

There is no perfect camera for all possible situations, and no one will likely shoot all those situations either.

This is why I hesitate to consider the K-1, even though it's clearly the flagship camera at the moment - I don't want/need a big camera. One of the things that impressed me about the *ist-DS that got me into Pentax was that it was compact.

Mark Ransom's gear list:Mark Ransom's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mxx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow