D850 - Long exposure on tripod still shake ?

Started 4 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fabbui Forum Member • Posts: 97
D850 - Long exposure on tripod still shake ?

I know about the nikon d850 shows more details and hence also shows more the errors, however I am not sure about this one...

I am testing long exposure for first time. I am using a Tamron 15-30 SP2 with VC on

Tripod is SIRUI W-2204 and ball head K30X

I did not fully extend the legs and placed them on  floor as stable as I could see it. I did not use a weight on it (did not think it was necessary. There was a bit of wind but nothing out of ordinary (cold night if it matters) .

30 sec exposure using live view in silent mode with 1 sec delay . Taken in Full RAW and converted to JPG in lightroom with no adjustments. I tried several and the shake level was more or less but there was always some shake .

Is this expected ? was this caused by the VC on in the lens ? or for using the D850 now we also need to add heavy weights to the already solid  tripod  when using long exposures ?  Any tips ?

Thanks in advance !

fabbui's gear list:fabbui's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon D850 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow