Tempted by Oly OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BubbaE1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,178
Tempted by Oly OM-D E-M1 Mark II

I lost my Canon 6D to a river a few weeks ago and am in the market for a replacement.  I'm a former Olympus shooter, having shot extensively with the Oly E-1 and the OM-D E-M1.  I shoot primarily landscapes and nature, though I delve into other subjects as well from time-to-time (portraits, documentary, etc.)

I had assumed I'd get another 6D or 5D Mark IV, but a voice in my head keeps me thinking about the Olympus.  I've shot more and more high ISO images because of the 6D's ability to handle high ISO really well and I'm wondering how much I'd be giving up with the Oly?

I've always loved the Oly lenses; they're some of the best I've ever used.  I think this is what really has me considering making a return to Oly.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Justin
www.coloradomountainimages.com
www.flickr.com/photos/dinger

BubbaE1's gear list:BubbaE1's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow