Minolta STF 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] with gold flakes?

Started Nov 13, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RussellH New Member • Posts: 1
Minolta STF 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] with gold flakes?

I'm trying to get to the bottom of an issue with a Minolta STF 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] lens owned by my friend, who was an official Minolta spokes-photographer back in the day. Inside the lens, on one element surface, are what appear to be flecks or flakes of gold that look like they were placed there deliberately. In fact, my friend says that this was some sort of special edition of the lens, and that they were part of its design. And that they've been there all along. I took his word for it (and listed it for sale), assuming that the flecks were something akin to the principle of black-dot diffusion, but I can't find anything about such an iteration of this lens. Now I'm wondering if the flecks are mold, though the lens is in pristine condition and they're nowhere else in the optical path.  I'll attach a photograph of it. If anyone has any knowledge of such a thing, I'd love to hear about it! Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow