Best DSLR or ILC for Night Sky Imaging?

Started Nov 8, 2017 | Questions thread
landscaper1
OP landscaper1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,469
Re: one reason a7s is singularly different for ease of AP>

a7sastro wrote:

In point of fact, I don't know of any DSLR equipped with Live View that won't do that very same thing. Nothing remarkable about the A7s in that regard.

I guess you didn't watch the video.

In point of fact, I think you are confusing the concept of difference of degree.

I've never seen anyone's 6D, 5Dm4, or 810a do anything similar out at dark sites, when I loaned them my fast Canon or Nikon lenses to compare performance side by side.

Actually, all I did was watch the video because, for whatever reason, I couldn't pick up the audio track so I can only guess what the narrator was saying.

I used high ISO Live View on my 6D to frame and focus and am doing so now with my 5Div.  I'm glad you're so happy with your A7s, but I fail to see that there would be enough of a difference in my work flow to justify the cost of even a used A7s and a Metabones adapter.

-- hide signature --

Landscaper

landscaper1's gear list:landscaper1's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow