Cancelling Adobe CC - hours of fun!

Started Nov 12, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SpikeT Regular Member • Posts: 228
Cancelling Adobe CC - hours of fun!

Last week I spent forty five minutes on Adobe "support" chat, trying to find out how to cancel my CC Subscription; given that the advertised cancel button does not appear on my account page. After being asked for my phone number, being told how great their products are, and generally messed around; I was told that the only way to cancel was to use the chat facility...

After evaluating and deciding upon alternatives (ACDsee Pro and Afffinity), I settled down today for another session with the support chat.

The short version: I was told that the only way I could cancel was to wait for a phone call. Then after some grumbling my subscription was discontinued without a cancellation fee!

I am left with the impression that, given the chance, Adobe will make things as difficult as possible for you to cancel. I will never deal with them again.

The long version:

Subrata: Thank you for contacting Adobe membership services.
Subrata: Hi there, How are you doing today ?
Hugh Denholm: Please cancel my subscription.
Subrata: Sure I will check it for you.
Subrata: Please allow me 1-2 minutes to review your account details.
Hugh Denholm: OK
Subrata: Is this the plan for Creative Cloud Photography plan you need help with ?
Hugh Denholm: Yes. Please cancel my subscription.
Subrata: Okay. Please allow me few minutes to check your plan type.
Subrata: May I know the reason of cancellation please as I can see that you have an annual plan ?
Subrata: Okay. I can understand that you want to cancel the membership but it is an annual contract. I will suggest you to complete the contract.
Subrata: I would like to inform you that you get option of digital photo processing and editing for photography plan. You get lightroom, photoshop and adobe bridge to use.
Subrata: I would like to inform you that as you have subscribed for an annual membership, so there is cancellation fee charged which is 50 % of the remaining months as per the terms and conditions shared and accepted.
Hugh Denholm: I would like to inform you that I am aware of this having used Lightroom since version 1. I am aware of the cancellation fee. Please cancel my subscription.
Subrata: Okay. So, you agree to pay for the cancellation fee. It is 50 % of the remaining months.
Hugh Denholm: yes
Subrata: Okay. Could you help me with your phone number, just to update in our record.
Hugh Denholm: I gave this to your rep in the last chat. You don't need it anyway because I am cancelling and will never deal with Adobe again.
Subrata: I am sorry, I do not see that in your previous conversation.
Subrata: Please help me with the contact number.
Hugh Denholm: "Tahira: I’ll be glad to help you for the same. Meanwhile,Could you please provide me your phone number , so I can update your profile?" Last week.
Subrata: I am sorry, I do not find it updated. Please help me with the contact number. As we are going to arrange a call back in order to charge for the cancellation fee.
Hugh Denholm: 66-*****
Subrata: Thank you so much.
Subrata: One moment please.
Subrata: Thank you for your patience.
Subrata: I have placed the cancellation request for you. You will receive a call.
Hugh Denholm: When?
Subrata: As soon as possible.
Hugh Denholm: Why can't this be done online now? I am not confident of receiving a call.
Hugh Denholm: There is meant to be a method to cancel via my account panel; but the option is not there: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-creative-cloud-subscription.html
Subrata: One moment please.
Subrata: Thank you for your patience. I have canceled your membership with no cancellation as an exception.

SpikeT's gear list:SpikeT's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow