Where is the A7III?

Started Nov 6, 2017 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 8,068
Re: Where is the A7III?

Magnar W wrote:

BBQue wrote:

withoutid wrote:

araudan wrote:

All my prices were in $CDN. A quick look at B&H though and I get for body only, A7II @$1600, A7RII @$2900 and A7RIII @$3200.

Last week B&H offered $2400 for a7r2 ($500 discount promotion) and I believe same deals will be offered in future.

Who knows. This may have been Sony's way to flash the impending release of A7riii, so that people who bought A7rii just weeks before won't be too upset, cause they got a fantastic deal on the camera.

While A7riii is clearly superior, I don't think it is $1000 worth the difference.

The A7RII seems like a great offer, but for many I think better autofocus, larger battery and many other small improvements is worth the extra cost. At least do I think so, so I preordered an A7rIII, also getting 5 years warranty.

Now I am eager to see if the Pixel Shift feature can be used for astrophoto, at least for up to 30 second exposures.

Looking forward to your photos or first impressions! Pixel shift is what interests me most. The other conveniences are nice to have, but would not be crucial to my own work.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow