Would you use a DSLR that had an addon EVF?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 5,028
Would you use a DSLR that had an addon EVF?

Seems the VF discussion has popped up a lot lately, which means it also turns into a format discussion. As usual we have toys vs dinosaurs. I like to offer my own opinion of what i think will happen down the road, which is evolution. Of the DSLR that is.

If im right, DSLR makers will improve LV, it's AF to be specific, and offer addon hotshoe EVFs. In this regard, they essentially become ML and DSLR all in one. Canon already has an addon EVF for their ML, i imagine it's nothing more than a FW update to their DSLRs and they have exactly what i describe above, and since their newest bodies have DPAF, it could really work well.

Would you DSLR users buy an addon EVF for your DSLR if they did offer this? And ML users, would you possibly go back to a DSLR if it had an EVF option? I know the one problem we hear from the ML side is size and weight, but lets not kid ourselves. Anybody using the upper third of the ML lines is already pushing past "lightweight", and lenses don't seem to be much smaller or lighter.

I firmly believe DSLRs with optional EVFs are the future, the best of both worlds. What say you?

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D7000
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow