Where is the A7III?

Started Nov 6, 2017 | Discussions thread
araudan
araudan Contributing Member • Posts: 567
Re: Where is the A7III?

withoutid wrote:

BBQue wrote:

Pixel Pooper wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it this month. The A7II is probably the oldest current model in Sony's lineup, and is desperately in need of a refresh to bring the specs and performance closer to the A6500.

Except Sony has never "refreshed" a model. They always add higher spec cameras on top and continue to manufacture and sell the old ones. We now have 8 full frame models. Plenty to choose from for all budgets. Not sure how and what price point an A7iii would fit in.

This is exactly my thought. If a7iii price stands between a7ii and a7rii, I would pick up a7rii

I keep seeing this type of comment on price.  I don't understand it.  Body only, in $CDN, an A7II is $1900.  A7RII and III are $3700 and $4000 respectively.  With an $1800 difference between the A7II and A7RII there is more than enough room to price in an A7III at $2200/2300 dollars.  Even when the A7RII was on sale just after the release of the A7RIII it was $3200 CDN leaving a $1300 gap from the A7II.  That's all or most of the cost of a nice lens like the 55mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8 or the new 24-105.  The dollar figures match pretty closely to what I see on sites like B&H when accounting for exchange to $USD.  I'm waiting for an A7III to be released.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow