Using SnapBridge for GPS

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
codepoet_tx Junior Member • Posts: 32
Using SnapBridge for GPS

My new D850 arrived yesterday and I'm trying to set it up.

My hope was to use SnapBridge to provide GPS data.  I don't have any interest in downloading pictures to my phone or the cloud over the app--just GPS.

I have installed the app on my iPhone and connected it to the camera.  When I look at either the Location information in the camera or the GPS data in the EXIF, I see one set of data over and over.  I can walk around the block taking pictures and they all have the same information (both location and timestamp).

After each exposure, I can see the BlueTooth icon briefly flash in the control panel.  It may stay on for a little while before disappearing.

It appears that when the app and the camera first connect, the GPS information is set and not updated for each pic.  If I turn the camera off for a while, move it away from the phone, and then reconnect, I can get a new set of location and time.

Has anybody else tried this and made it work?

Thanks

App Settings:

Auto download (paused)

Upload location (On)

Synchronize clock (On)

Camera Settings:

Download from smart device (ON)

Set clock from satellite (ON)

Airplane mode (OFF)

Send to smart device(auto) (OFF)

codepoet_tx's gear list:codepoet_tx's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow