Lightroom and Its Alternatives for M4/3

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tomjar Contributing Member • Posts: 646
Thanks.

dharma108 wrote:

I am trialling ACDsee ultimate 18 right now and the more I get in to it the more I like it. I have used acdsee programs years ago but now it is so much more sophisticated. I much prefer the file loading to LR and because of the way it shows all photo folders it improves work flow tremendously. I can create new folders and save edited files into the new folders without having to import. Everything is at my disposal.

I am also using the cloning - healing - and selective editing using the brushes and now it can do masking and layers very well too so I am finding I rarely go to PS for anything now.

The light eq has always been a great tool with this program and for things like highlight and shadow control I find it almost unequalled by anything I have used so far and I have used LR-C1-ON1-PS-Silkypix and a few other lesser known varieties.

I recently trialled LR classic and I was not impressed by the improvements to LR 4.5 which I have. I felt they were rather minimal frankly. The price point for ACDsee is also influential in my decision and I think I will kissing Adobe goodbye from now on.

Rob

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you maybe comment on how ACDsee handles recognition of the lens used and then lens corrections?

tomjar's gear list:tomjar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon Coolpix AW120 Nikon D5000 Panasonic G85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfw
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow