good or bad idea: save edited rawfiles as .tiff?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hoenemor
Hoenemor Forum Member • Posts: 95
good or bad idea: save edited rawfiles as .tiff?

Hi

I'm a total noob when it comes to certain things on my computer, so hopefully somebody have some sound advice.

I'm slowly but steadily trying to migrate from LR to something else. So far I'm thinking of using Apples Photos as a showcase for all my photos. There are several reasons for this, but the main reason is that I want to have all my edited photos one place, which is independent of my raw-converter/editing software. Furthermore, I am pleasantly surprised by Photos. I found that Photos is really easy to use in organizing photos, geotagging photos and editing keywords etc. What I am currently doing is exporting all my LR edited images to JPGS and importing those in to Photo.

One of the things I would like to keep are all my edits. As far as I understand, if I export all my images from my LR library as .tiffs those files will contain all my edits as well as crops etc. so that if I want to continue editing a photo in a different editor in the future. However, the .tiffs are enormous and it would take quite some time exporting all my images as tiffs from LR.

So I am wondering, is this a completely idiotic idea? What are you guys doing to keep edits for the future?

Julie

Hoenemor's gear list:Hoenemor's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow