Future of GX 85?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kristian2000
kristian2000 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,427
Future of GX 85?

Let me start off by saying that I really like my GX85, and I'm not in a super hurry to upgrade. But like all camera addicts, I know I'll need another fix sooner of later. Really, really like the specs of the G9, but I have a thing for smallish cameras, always have.  I'm sort of a low flyer when I take photos, I always feel less conspicuous  with a small camera, some people like walking around with big cameras and bags full of lenses - I don't, but let me reiterate, I'm talking about my preference.

No, I don't expect a GX sized G9 for $800 up for sale next month, but I would like to see some of the features from the G9 incorporated in a new GX95 - eventually.

I guess what worries me (#firstworldproblems) is that Panny might kill off the GX line completely. I say this because as we all know, it does seem that the entry and even mid level camera offerings might be more scarce as companies shift toward higher end offerings and away from a dwindling regular person consumer market.

Anyways, still happy with the GX85 and love - love my PL15mm & 7-14mm!

-- hide signature --

Kristian

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow