For DX Body - would you get a 70-200 or the Sigma Art 50-100?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
blueknigh7 Junior Member • Posts: 41
For DX Body - would you get a 70-200 or the Sigma Art 50-100?

Just thinking ahead - I haven't gotten the chance to use either lens, but my brother's wedding is coming up in February and I wanted to bring along a better lens than my kits.  I'm not the main photographer, but I'd just like to contribute to the day whenever possible. 

I know the technical difference between the two, and the equivalency/crop factors.  The Tamron 70-200 is also about the same budget as the Sigma 50-100, so it's mainly down to the different Aperture and Focal Lengths.

Honestly, I don't have plans to go FF in the near future for budget reasons.  I'm primarily looking for the next lens in the arsenal.   I guess I'm leaning toward the 50-100, but I can appreciate the extra reach on the 70-200 as well.

Definitely would be used for portraits, and outdoor shots.  Possibly some indoor too.

What do you all think?  Would you also consider renting either to get a feel?

blueknigh7's gear list:blueknigh7's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow