Lens recommendation please?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MattNJ81 Junior Member • Posts: 45
Lens recommendation please?

I'm hoping to get some suggestions on a future lens purchase. For some time, I have been planning on buying the Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6 lens and the D500 kit with the 16-80mm lens. Due to budget constraints, I may be just getting the D500 body only and the 200-500 (unless the D500 kit has an insane Black Friday price, which I find unlikely). I wanted the 16-80mm lens as an upgrade to my 18-55mm that came with my D3300 and would be using it primarily for landscapes,astrophotography and general use, but now I may have to wait until next year to spend the extra money.

The 16-80 lens itself without the D500 is about $1,000 (although used it is a bit cheaper) so I couldn't see buying this lens at a later date for that price. My question is - are there any comparable third-party lenses in the $400-$500 range that anyone could recommend? As I said, it would be for landscapes and astro and I would like it to autofocus on the D500. Also, I prefer a zoom but am open to primes.

Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions.

Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D3300 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow