Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
AJB123 Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB)

WilbaW wrote:

WilbaW wrote:

AJB123 wrote:

I don't think the 430EXII can fire when partially charged, whereas other more expensive flashes can. In normal shooting that means you'll get a dark shot if you shoot again before it's finished recharging, even if each shot only wants say 25% power.

Interesting idea. I feel an experiment coming on...

I tried shooting continuous with the 430EX II at 1/8 and 1/4 power in manual mode and didn't see it waiting for the red "pilot lamp" or the green "flash-ready" indicator to come on between flashes. A 270EX II does appear to wait in the same test, and my impression is the built-in flash does as well.

Perhaps I've misremembered then. Apologies if so. I had thought that the 430EX II didn't have the green "ready to flash but not fully charged" state... In my head that one one improvement of the EX III over the EX II, but I may well be wrong.

Or is it that it won't start a new sequence of shots until fully charged, but continuous bursts somehow do allow firing on a partial charge? A bit of a weird specification choice if so...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow