LX200 with G9 TECH

Started Nov 9, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camfan1 Contributing Member • Posts: 823
LX200 with G9 TECH

Hi,

Everyone will be (at least a bit?) amazed at what Panasonic has accomplished with their new G9 flagship.

This proves that they *could* put some/most of this new tech into an LX200 ... if ever they see fit.

Over at the micro FourThirds forum(s) I read that people are very favorable towards the new camera, except for the pricing (was expected) but also and especially ... the size and weight !

If we would like to have the amazing G9 with (fast than Leica kit lens) Pana F2.8 24-70 on the G9 it would (still) be almost 3 times the weight and size compared to the LX100.

I would even date to question wheter in very dim situations (where F1.7 is appropriate) *any* m43 zoom would be better that the already fast(er) zoom on the LX100/D-Lux 109 !?

Therefore I sure hope Panasonic/leica will, one fine day, put most of the G9 tech into an LX200 (or even a GX9 ... if they otherwise fear to almost kill their ILC line).

Keep on dreaming ?

Regards,

Stefaan

camfan1's gear list:camfan1's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow