AF and VR

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richy6771
Richy6771 Contributing Member • Posts: 730
AF and VR

On my Nikon D7000, D600 and D800, I have configured back button focus which I have used for several years now. I love this setup. My question is: What activates the VR function of the lens (assuming it is set )? Is it the BBF button (for D7000 and D600 it's the AE/AF L button, for D800 it's the AF-On button) or is it the shutter release button? It occurs to me that if you use the BBF button to focus and then press the shutter release button, the focus may be slightly altered thus resulting in an OOF image. I believe I read somewhere that for the D800, pressing the AF-On button activates both but not so for the other bodies. Does anyone have an answer for this?

-- hide signature --

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes" Marcel Proust
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Groucho Marx

Richy6771's gear list:Richy6771's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha a7R III +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow