Analysis of the lightroom situation.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
tomjar Contributing Member • Posts: 639
Re: Analysis of the lightroom situation.

VIRTWO wrote:

We are on the same wavelength now, I agree completely

• There are only 3 reasons of not doing the above: You are not connected to Internet for months or you really don't care about any improvements or you like some other s/w better.

Really, only 3? The way I have been upgrading my photo editing/management software over the last 10 years or so. That's about 150 EUR every 4 years. And it covered all my needs. Now it is suddenly about 150 EUR every year! Can you identify another possible reason?

Money added to reasons

For me it's not so much about the absolute amount, it's about the principle; I simply refuse to pay 4x as much as previously for the same service. And I don't give a rat's ass about "features" I never use that Adobe bundled into its CC Photography Plan, they represent no added value for me and that includes Photoshop. I also refuse to let greedy Adobe dictate what I need or what I should use by taking the choice of a standalone Lightroom away from me. Since there appear to be viable (maybe even better) alternatives, I intend to drop Adobe software when the time comes. But not quite yet.

tomjar's gear list:tomjar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon Coolpix AW120 Nikon D5000 Panasonic G85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow