First Shots, Zuiko 28/50

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Travis Butler
Travis Butler Contributing Member • Posts: 776
First Shots, Zuiko 28/50

After cleaning up the Zuiko 28/3.5 I mentioned in this thread, I've been waiting for the chance to shoot with it... but work projects kept me in the office past dark, and the weekends have been occupied with other business like my father's birthday. So even though it was a grey overcast Sunday, I had to take what I could get.

Pen-F, 28/3.5

Not too bad, was able to pull some color in the grass, at least. And the old Olympus lens works quite well on the modern Olympus camera.

Pen-F, Zuiko 28/3.5

Could have wished for a better sky, and there was some color fringing on the tree at left, but could always have been worse.

Now, the 28 came in the hard case for a Zuiko 50/1.4, and I was a bit disappointed there wasn't one in the package I bought at the estate sale... well, guess what I stumbled on a week later? Also on an OM-2n, and another one where the owner looks like they took good care of it. Just the camera and the 50/1.4, but I'm not going to complain!

Pen-F, Zuiko 50/1.4

Pen-F, Zuiko 50/1.4

Didn't quite nail the focus, but this one caught me by surprise; I heard it coming when I was half a block from the bridge, and had to hurry to get there before it started crossing. Also, this is one time when I thought the generally dull landscape colors worked to advantage, showing off the brightly colored train.

Zuiko 50/1.4

I kinda liked the three-layered depth here.

Zuiko 50/1.4

And of course, you get some nice DOF with the 50/1.4... I rather like the bokeh.

Zuiko 50/1.4

Here as well... almost a painterly effect.

Still can get pretty sharp when stopped down, tho!

-- hide signature --

Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_prof67/ Warning: Heavy Learning in progress.

Travis Butler's gear list:Travis Butler's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Pentax K-50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F +17 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow